|Title:||QA Technician Direct Hire|
|Job Departments:||Quality Assurance|
Joseph Campione, a From the Hearth Company, has 2 amazing opportunities available within our Quality Assurance Department. We are known for producing amazing quality toast garlic breads serving families across the nation. We are looking for hands-on Quality Assurance Technicians who have experience within a food processing plant, or a facility that manufactures food grade products.
- 2nd - 2:30pm - 11:00pm (1 opening)
- 3rd - 10:30pm - 7:00am (1 opening)
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour workday with a 15-minute paid break and 30-minute unpaid lunch. Overtime available and as needed for weekend coverage
The QA Technician’s primary responsibilities will include raw material and packaging inspections, monitoring of in-process inspections and finished goods documentation review and/or performs a variety of standard microbiological, chemical and physical or sensory testing and assays. Responsibilities will also include maintaining logs and data records associated with job function (e.g. non-conforming materials, corrective action log, hold logs, weight control, etc.).
- Responsible for performing pre-operational inspections and ATP swabbing to ensure that the line is properly cleaned. If needed, must complete and document a corrective action to ensure quality and food safety.
- Verify sanitation standards are being met prior to and during production, conducting safety and sanitation audits, follow up, and corrective action.
- Complete a visual inspection of the floor (i.e. verifying tracking metrics of others, ensuring policies are being followed, and line speeds are accurate/meeting expectations).
- Verify that all employees are following proper dress code (cGMP’s). Any violations are to be addressed / reported immediately.
- Responsible for ensuring that finished product meet specifications. If needed, must complete and document a corrective action to ensure quality and food safety.
- Ensure that the proper bread, spread, and topping recipes are being used.
- Ensure that all products are the proper size, shape, weight, and color.
- Ensure that packaging quality checks meet specification.
- All weights are being adhered to.
- Ensure that all finished product contains the correct packing components.
- Ensure that all packages contain that correct code date, positioned correctly, and verify that the code date is legible.
- Responsible for obtaining retain samples for spread and finished product.
- Ensure that retained samples are organized and stored properly.
- Other duties may be assigned by your Supervisor.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing setting is preferred but not required, in-house training is provided.
- GED Certification or High School Diploma.
- Food related certifications and/or some college education is preferred.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We are in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, a short drive from Milwaukee and Kenosha surrounding areas. We're part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection and recently expanded operations becoming a From the Hearth Company currently under new leadership that cares. If you are looking to relocate, our company offers job stability, and residents can look forward to a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
Total Rewards Offered:
- Competitive salary or hourly wage offered based on experience.
- Promotional opportunities, we prefer to promote from within.
- Eligible for annual performance driven merit increase.
- Education tuition reimbursement up to 80%.
- Company paid training and development courses.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available as soon as 30 days
- Accidental insurance coverage.
- 401(k) with company match dollar for dollar.
- Paid holidays and vacation (time off).
- Short Term Disability for up to 13 weeks.
- Company profit sharing bonus program.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.