|Title:||Industrial Bakery Lead|
It's an amazing time to join us as a Industrial Bakery Lead!! We are looking for a Bakery Lead who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. These are long-term stable opportunities that offers room for advancement. Complete benefits package including an in-house bakery incentive education program in the state. This career posting can be used to hire multiple candidates for different shifts.
Shift Operations Hours:
1st shift - 4:00am - 12:30pm
2nd shift - 10:00am - 6:30pm
3rd shift - 6:00pm - 2:30am
The Department Lead position is responsible for supervising the processing areas and employees. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. In addition this position will plan, organize and recommend strategies in ensuring that the product is developed successfully, in accordance with all specifications.
Additionally, the Department Lead is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner. The Department Lead must be self-sufficient in all areas of the production process, and is fully capable of performing each position in the department to ensure proper training of employees in all processing operations and equipment start-up procedures.
The Department Lead is to understand daily bakery operations, having a firm grasp of the equipment and equipment’s function to ensure proper flow. This employee is sufficient in all processing documentation and the accuracy of same, and provides training to all new employees. This individual works with the Bakery Supervisor providing feedback on issues/potential issues and coordinates accuracy of production against the schedule, capable of making key decisions with minimal if any supervisory support.
- Provides support to the Bakery Supervisor managing a total of 4 processing lines (Lines 1, 2, 3, 4).
- Verify the completion and accuracy of all department documentation; verify employees required to complete documentation are properly training and monitored consistently throughout the shift.
- Develop strategy to execute daily production commitments which requires the ability of critical thinking.
- Provide daily direction to team members based on relevant information and daily production goals.
- Address operational issues in a timely manner and communicate results to Bakery Supervisor.
- Maintain open communication with management to ensure that schedule is obtainable.
- Work as a team and support the other Department Leads as needed.
- Performs clear communication and informs other Leads and Supervisors from other departments of matters that may linger (unresolved) or interfere with their operations.
- Per the daily production schedule, ensures employees are using correct ingredients and packaging materials and any other required items are present on the floor and used correctly. Verifies print dates and information on the outer side of cases are accurate and in accordance with the production schedule.
- Other duties could be assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Industrial Baking experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Bilingual; fluent in another language other than English is a plus
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.