|Title:||Direct Hire - Production Supervisor (2nd shift)|
The Shift Operations Supervisor position is responsible for supervising employees in both the processing and bakery areas. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This includes staffing requirements, new hire and rotational training, budget adherence, and Quality throughput / efficiencies. The Operations Supervisor looks for ways to improve the metrics of the shift operation, through visual, hands on applications along with development of the immediate lead personnel.
The preceding Operations Supervisor is also accountable for shift transfer information for optimum program application and leaving the relief Operations Supervisor in production ready form.
- Implements, for the purpose of day-to-day administration, specific policies, procedures, and programs established by the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management.
- Responsible for implementing progressive and timely performance evaluations and disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the manufacturing operation.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Effectively and accurately manage MAV compliance of all ingredients.
- Effectively and accurately manage MAV compliance of all packaging materials.
- Manage departmentalized shift priorities.
- Accurately track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Takes proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required, in handling grievances, and conducts first-step meetings.
- Works closely with Director of Operations, Manager of Human Resources and EH&S (if applicable) on second-step disciplinary meetings.
- Recommends overtime to the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management, as required.
- Ensure appropriate and timely shift production records are prepared and maintained.
- Keeps records of shift activities, as required.
- Provides detailed on-boarding and continuous training for subordinates.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations and Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that project(s) is completed within established time frames and budgetary parameters.
- Advises management of the program status and problems (or potential problems) on a regular basis; that duties, responsibilities, and authority of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Directs employees with respect to daily shift production volume and quality, and meeting daily shift production schedules.
- Ensure shift objectives are achieved in each area of Operations as designated by the Director of Operations, Senior Management and HR Management.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of production workers.
- Identifies improvements in manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness.
- Ensure consistent working practices between shifts and shift supervisors.
- Assist maintenance personal with preventative programs designed to maintain operational equipment.
- Proactively communicate emergency maintenance issues immediately to the Director of Operations and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate level of quality assurance standards are maintained throughout the manufacturing process and communicates deviations from standard to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Working knowledge of and with AIB, FDA, GFSI and USDA compliance.
- Consults with and works closely with Quality Assurance Manager on adherence to HACCP and HARPC methods and working practices.
- Ensure warehouse safety programs are adhered to in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly guarded prior to and during production operations.
- Ensure that the warehouse personnel follow safety policies and procedures.
- Provide department technical and operational training program guidance for team members through coordination of efforts with the Manager of Human Resources.
- The Senior Shift Lead will assume the Supervisory Role pending absence.
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/shift plans and progress.
- Planning is required to effectively manage shift operations.
- Requires both technical knowledge and administrative and daily interaction with peer supervisors, PM, shift-employees
- Ability to adapt and work within timelines scheduled by company as needed to accommodate shift, customer, and consumer or employee development demands.
- Ability to work different shifts.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
- Ability to work with and develop unskilled labor.
- Think “Outside the Box” pending catastrophic failure.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
An office space; working computer, telephone, desk, and chair as needed to complete administrative tasks. Enter and work within temperature controlled environments of -10 to 85 degrees. Some assignments may involve exposure to noise, chemicals, biohazards, and various forms of radiation. Some assignments could be extremely dangerous in the event of dizziness, loss of consciousness, or loss of balance. Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing food. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of bread, and ingredients. All employees will be required to wear a slip resistant safety steel toe shoe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are subject to change depending on shift. A normal workweek is 5 days Monday – Friday, with overtime on weekends as needed during peak season (winter months). Duration of shift can range from eight to ten hour days.
Required Education and Experience
- Min H.S. Diploma
- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree
- AIB Baking & Science Correspondence Course
- Proven supervisory and leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years Operations experience in a manufacturing company, with the responsibilities of producing, production control, maintenance, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Good administrative skills, principles and people.
- Computer literate in Windows Office applications and MAS-90/SAGE.
- Proven ability to train, and motivate personnel.
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.