|Title:||Material Handler - Cold Storage - Direct Hire!|
Joseph Campione, LLC (JC) is hiring for a Material Handler, 2nd shift opportunity within the Distribution Department. The individual will be working within the cold-storage and freezer areas of the warehouse, and operating stand-up, and high-reach forklifts.
Shift hours are:
Monday - Friday 2:30pm to 11:00pm & Saturdays during peak season.
This position is located at our North facility on 10th and Rawson Ave just 2 blocks from the freeway exit I-94.
Classified as an Essential Business, we offer stability during Covid-19, AND have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety and wellness of our most valued asset, our people.
- Review Production Schedule and pick raw materials and packaging for servicing Production.
- Transfer wrapped Finished Goods to transport and load onto trailers.
- Where directed, prepare, and assemble finished goods for freezer and shipping to customers.
- Conduct a pre-loading trailer inspection.
- Load trucks as per provided documentation.
- Print Packing slips to be included with Bills of Lading.
- Ensure Bills of Lading; Packing Slips are signed by Customer for proof of receipt.
- Ensure all inventory moves are accurately recorded into the applicable ERP system.
- Return materials (properly labelled before transfer to storage) to appropriate storage location from production and record to the applicable ERP system.
- Accurately enter QAD all material transfers using best practices.
- Communicate to Supervisors/Leads any irregularity in materials or quantity.
- Follow SQF, Shipping procedures for inspection and shipping protocols.
- Provide for housekeeping in the shipping dock areas.
- Assist Supervisor as and when required.
- Perform pre-shift Forklift/Lift truck inspection.
- Other duties maybe assigned by supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery & equipment involved in shipping and receiving activities.
- BT Systems (radio shuttles and accessories)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment will be preferred.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must follow all rules for cGMP, SQF, & FDA.
- Must follow company’s Health & Safety Programs.
- Good math, reading and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer proficiency (data entry, spreadsheets, etc.).
- High school or equivalent
- Valid Lift truck licenses – Reach & Counterbalance.
- Internal – will provide
- External – need to have valid licensing
- Must be able to lift to 20 kgs.
- Will be required to work in low ambient temperatures
- Will be required to bend, twist, sit, and stand frequently
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high-tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
JOSEPH CAMPIONE OFFERS:
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.