|Title:||Industrial Bakery Supervisor|
It's an amazing time to join us as an Industrial Bakery Supervisor!! Were famous for our Breads & Toasts. Yes...our famous garlic bread that tastes so so so so good and melts in your mouth!! We are looking for a high energy, hands on Industrial Bakery Supervisor who has experience within a food processing plant, or a facility that manufactures food grade products. In this role, you will oversee a large staff and be a part of a family valued culture that focuses on making the customer experience better. Having industrial experience in Food, Bakery, Beverage industry are encouraged to apply.
Accountable for complete Bakery Processing Operations, this includes staffing requirements, new hire and rotational training, budget adherence, and Quality throughput / efficiency. The Supervisor looks for ways to improve the metrics of the shift operation, through visual, hands on applications along with development of the immediate lead personnel. The Supervisor is also accountable for shift transfer information for optimum program application and leaving the relief in Bakery production ready form.
The Supervisor position is responsible for supervising the processing areas and employees. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. In addition this position will plan, organize and recommend strategies ensuring that the product is developed successfully, in accordance with all specifications.
Additionally, the Supervisor is accountable for insuring that Bakery production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner. The Bakery Supervisor must be self-sufficient in all areas of the bakery process, and is fully capable of performing each position in the department to ensure proper training of employees in all processing operations and equipment start-up procedures.
The Supervisor is to understand daily bakery operations, having a firm grasp of the equipment and equipment’s function to ensure proper flow. The Supervisor is sufficient in all processing documentation and the accuracy of same, and provides training to all new employees.
- Manages a total of 4 processing lines (Lines 1, 2, 3, 4).
- Implements, for the purpose of day-to-day administration, specific policies, procedures, and programs established by Senior Management.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Verify the completion and accuracy of all department documentation; verify employees required to complete documentation are properly training and monitored consistently throughout the shift.
- Develop strategy to execute daily production commitments which requires the ability of critical thinking. Provide daily direction to team members based on relevant information and daily production goals. Address operational issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain open communication with management to ensure that schedule is obtainable.
- Supervise Department Leads.
- Responsible for implementing progressive and timely performance evaluations and disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive labor climate in the manufacturing operation.
- Performs clear communication and informs Leads and Supervisors from other departments of matters that may linger (unresolved) or interfere with their operations.
- Per the daily bakery production schedule, insures employees are using correct ingredients and packaging materials and any other required items are present on the floor and used correctly. Verifies print dates and information on the outer side of cases are accurate and in accordance with the production schedule.
- Other duties could be assigned overtime.
- Associates degree is desirable and/or AIB Baking & Science Correspondence Course.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing industry a plus and regulation inspection procedures is highly desired.
- Proven supervisory and leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years Operations experience in a manufacturing company, with the responsibilities of producing, production control, maintenance, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Good administrative skills, principles and people.
- Computer literate in Windows Office applications and MAS-90/SAGE.
- Proven ability to train, and motivate personnel.
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.