It's an amazing time to join us as a Sanitation Supervisor!! Were famous for our mouth-watering Breads & Toasts. Yes...our famous garlic bread that tastes so so so so good. We are looking for an enthusiastic hands on Sanitation Supervisor who has experience within a food processing plant, or a facility that manufactures food grade products. In this role, you will oversee a 3rd shift staff and be a part of a family valued culture. Sanitation experience in Food, Bakery, Beverage industry are encouraged to apply.
Hours - 10:30pm - 7:00am - 3rd shift
JOB SUMMARY: The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness and food safe environment of the processing facility, surrounding area and equipment. Manages, motivates and develops Sanitation Staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results for a SQF level III facility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all audits and inspections. Interacts with third party auditors to facilitate Food Safety audits within the plant.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a supply of cleaning chemicals necessary for the operation of the cleaning program and in compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Schedule, assign and delegate work to sanitation team.
- Train new and current employee’s on cleaning techniques, sanitizing equipment and processes.
- Perform daily sanitation of all manufacturing lines.
- Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program and commitment to a safe work place for all.
- Ensures that staff are informed of company safety requirements and that safety is a priority in day to day functions.
- Ensure food safety and food defense in the plant.
- Supervises Sanitation Team to ensure all procedures are followed.
- Directs and coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the processing plant as well as the grounds surrounding the processing plant.
Implements all CGMP, GFSI, AIB, FDA, SQF, FSMA and HACCP procedures that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control with the facility.
- Must be able to work around and clean a variety of ingredients including WHEAT, SOY, DAIRY, EGGS, FLOUR, and all other ingredients within the JC, LLC facilities at the North and South locations.
- Other duties may be assigned over time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years Supervisory related work experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry.
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required.
- Understanding of pathogens and other food contaminants is required.
- Understanding of modes of control of various sanitation chemicals and physical cleaning.
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
Joseph Campione Offers:
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.