|Title:||Production Mixer/Blender Operator of Ingredients|
Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Record operational and/or production data on specified forms. Dump or pour specified amounts of ingredients into batch tanks. Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools. Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards. Start equipment to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times.
Wide variety of highly automated processors from different manufacturers and countries; conveyors, high speed pumping equipment, mixing and crystallizer equipment, applicators, pumps, valves. Etc. Steel toed shoes, hair nets, beard nets (if applicable), safety glasses during sanitation, or even rubber boots for washing down equipment.
Tends equipment that mixes and crystallizes ingredients to produce products: Turns valves to admit ammonia in to the system, pre weighed ingredients, such as water and oils, into mixing vat.
Weighs and measures ingredients, such as emulsifier, preservatives, salt, and vitamins, according to formula, using scale or graduate.
• Dumps ingredients into mixing vats.
• Starts agitator that blends and emulsifies ingredients.
• Observes time, temperature gauge and adjusts mixing timing to maintain specified temperature in vats.
• Stops agitator after specified period of time, and turns valve to transfer ingredients to cooling unit.
• May pasteurize water or oil.
• May test final product.
• May disassemble and clean lines, tanks, utensils, floor and general area.
• Other duties may be assigned by supervision.
Physical & Mental requirements:
1. Ability to stand for 8-10 hours consistently (around meals and breaks).
2. Ability to walk on flat and uneven surfaces.
3. Ability to walk up and down stairs and ladders.
4. Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment of 40-85 degrees.
5. Able to handle frozen product with hands.
6. Ability to grasp, grip, sort, group together, and separate product with hands.
7. Ability to lift from floor to waist, and waist to shoulder 25lbs-50lbs.
8. Bend, pull, push, twist, stoop, and squat.
9. Ability to use back to lift, pull and push objects.
10. Ability to stretch and reach over to grab objects.
11. Ability to work in a normal bakery atmosphere and the situations it may expose such as loud noises, strong smells, and dust/flour.
12. Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable.
13. Must have the gift of sight/vision, be able to define color; for color code policy purposes.
14. Able to hear; must be alert to sounds of machinery malfunctions; hear alarms and emergency announcements.
15. Must be able to communicate both in verbal and written form
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to use math skills.
• Must be able to add volume (quarts, cups) and weight (pounds, ounces).
• Must be able to troubleshoot problems and work well in a team environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
• Must have previous experience within a manufacturing setting performing similar duties and/or education related to the food industry.
• Must be organized and an adapter thinker.
• GED or High School Certification/Diploma or equivalent experience required.
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
Joseph Campione Offers:
• Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
• Education tuition reimbursement
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• 401(k) with company match
• Company paid vacation and holiday time off
• Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
• Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.