|Title:||Sanitation Technician, 2nd shift|
It's an amazing time to join us as a Sanitation Technician, 2nd shift!! Were famous for our Breads & Toasts. The Campione Family "Texas Toast" that is tasty and mouth-watering!! We are looking for a hands on Sanitation Technician who has experience within a food processing plant, or a facility that manufactures food grade products. You will be trained on 3rd shift for about a month.
Sanitation Technician, 2rd shift
Shift Hours: 2:00pm - 10:30pm
Work schedule: Monday - Saturday, pending production schedule. Working most Saturday's (Overtime) is mandatory.
The Sanitation Worker sanitizes all the equipment in the plant in compliance with customer specifications and with company policy and procedures related to proper sanitation, GMP and Safety requirements.
- Sanitize equipment using chemicals and power washers.
- Disassembling equipment.
- Light cleaning of coolers; picking up garbage from floor and sweeping with dust mop.
- Clean floors using floor scrubber.
- Inspect equipment to assure sanitation requirements are met.
- Read chemical labels to ensure safe applications.
- Manually scrub certain areas of machines using brushes or scrub pads.
- Cleaning and maintaining the interior and exterior of the plant, including but not limited to: floors, walls, ceilings, overhead pipes and fixtures as well as the equipment used in the preparation/packaging/transfer of raw materials and finished goods.
- Responsible for properly weighing waste and recording it correctly at the end of each shift, per company specifications.
- Must pick up all reusable scrap for salvage and properly storing it in appropriate containers.
- Must pick up all trash inside/outside of the plant, emptying wastebaskets and empty/clean outside ashtrays.
- Comply with all company policies, rules & regulations regarding safety, personal hygiene (GMP’s), operational methods and food safety guidelines.
- Must be willing & able to work in any area of the plant (inside or outside) and in/around the assembly line to assist in cleaning or change-over’s as needed.
- Must be available to occasionally work on a different shift depending on staffing needs, per supervisor discretion to cover vacations, absences, etc. as well as work overtime if/when needed, per supervisor request.
- Must report any food safety issues, discrepancies, suggestions and/or complaints to the Sanitation Manager or another member of management immediately.
- Must have the ability to work around & clean a variety of ingredients, including WHEAT, SOY, EGGS, FLOUR, AS WELL AS OTHER ALLERGENS.
- All JCI employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All JCI employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by a Supervisor.
Previous experience within a manufacturing setting is preferred but not required, in-house training is provided in the form of Orientation New Hire Training and on the job hands-on training and development. Minimal educational experience required. GED or High School Certification/Diploma Preferred however not required. Tools needed when starting include; steel toe sanitation boots, scrapper and pocket size flashlight.
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Joseph Campione is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin food manufacturing collection. The area boasts global market leaders in manufacturing, and a rapidly growing number of high tech incubators. A short drive from Chicago and Milwaukee, Oak Creek offers residents a small city quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many public recreation attractions, in addition to (3) professional sports teams (Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks and Green Bay Packers), and a lively waterfront park community that includes world class art and children's museums.
Joseph Campione Offers:
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.