|Title:||Become a Master Baker $15-30/hr.|
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for baking! We are an industrial bakery located in the heart of Oak Creek, WI offering career opportunities in our Word Class Bakery. What's so different about our bakery? We offer an amazing internal apprenticeship program to help you become a Master Baker.
What is a Master Baker?
A Master Bakery understands the “math and science” behind baking at an industrial scale. By becoming a team member of the Bakery Department AND participating in the Bakery Advancement Program you can earn a competitive income, ranging from $15/hr. to $30/hr.+!
What type of skills and experience do you need?
Ideally we are targeting individuals who have worked in a manufacturing setting, weighing ingredients and operating mixing equipment, however we will consider candidates who are mechanically inclined and willing to put the time and effort to learn our baking process.
If you've never considered a career in baking - you're missing out on an amazing industry where opportunities for growth are endless.
We are currently offering the following shifts/hours:
*1st shift 6:30am - 3:00pm Mon - Fri
*2nd shift 2:30pm - 11:00pm Mon - Fri
*3rd shift 10:30pm - 6:30am Sun - Thurs
During baking season (fall and winter months) ability to work overtime is a requirement. Minimal overtime during spring and summer months.
We offer a safe air conditioned bakery, offering comfortable working temperatures ranging from 70-80 degrees.
*Must be able to stand for 8+ hours
*Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
*Must be able to work as a team, rotate to various areas/lines
See below for more details! Apply now!
The Bakery Scale and Mixer Operator is responsible for scaling and mixing all ingredients as directed by recipe. Accountable for baking goods in a team-oriented, high quality environment that promotes Joseph Campione as a World Class manufacturer of quality products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Operates all scales, mixers, dough hoist and related mixing equipment.
- Performs setups and breakdowns for the mixing area.
- Accurately weighs all relevant ingredients, including but not limited to re-work dough, ingredients, etc.
- Combine measured ingredients in bins of mixing or blending machinery.
- Set time and speed controls for mixing machines and blending machines so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions in batch sheets.
- Place dough in bin and when ready place in hopper.
- Set oven temperatures.
- Understands each position on production line or in department and is familiar with daily bakery operations.
- Ensures that all containers are labeled, color coded and handled properly using established methods and procedures.
- Records necessary batch information including but not limited to, ingredient lot numbers, temperatures and machine settings.
- Ensures that all necessary equipment needed for the next production run is ready, clean, and in working order prior to the start of that product.
- Sets timers and programs on mixer or associated panels prior to starting the mixer.
- Operates auxiliary equipment to hoist and dump dough for further processing.
- Cleans mixer and maintains a clean work area on a daily basis.
- Ensures final product is meeting costumers’ specifications as it relates to temperatures, dough consistency, and other dough related quality attributes.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the CGMP's (Current Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Competitive salary or hourly wage with promotional opportunities
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation and holiday time off
- Paid benefits for short term disability and life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Health reimbursement account (HRA)
Diversity & Inclusion:
We value the diversity of our workforce and embrace the principles of being an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Joseph Campione values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
- Must possess basic math skills and the ability to convert units of measure (example; pounds to grams, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience in a leadership role
- Mechanical aptitude to operate manufacturing equipment
- Communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in English
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates or Certification in Baking Science, Food Science or related field
- Previous experience in an industrial bakery or similar setting